Advanced weather-sensing instruments built by a Utah State University-affiliated lab will get a ride into space on an Asian telecommunications satellite set to launch in 2016.
In the News
- Utah State University advanced weather sensors going to space on Asian satellites
- GeoMetWatch Partners with AsiaSat to Launch Advanced Severe Weather Payload
- The Altair Partner Alliance Adds Unique Micromechanic Composites Tool from AnalySwift, Furthering the APA’s Composite Solution
- Utah State University Advanced Weather Systems lab Begins Work on First Space-Based Sensor
- Utah State's Advanced Weather Systems lab to Build Space-Based Sensors
- Center for Human Nutrition Studies Receives Grant for Diabetes Education
- Hitting A Milestone — Two USTAR Teams at Once
- “Secrets of a Winning Proposal” --SBIR-STTR Seminar
- SBIR/STTR Expert to Highlight “Secrets of a Winning Proposal” in Vernal, Logan and Price Workshops
- What’s the BIG idea?—Finding Commercial Opportunities in Academic Endeavors
Apr 4, 2013
Apr 3, 2013
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) and GeoMetWatch Corp today announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic partnership to host the first of six Sounding & Tracking Observatory for Regional Meteorology (STORM) instruments.
Mar 20, 2013
The Altair Partner Alliance Adds Unique Micromechanic Composites Tool from AnalySwift, Furthering the APA’s Composite Solution
The Altair Partner Alliance announced today that AnalySwift will be joining the program and adding its complex composite modeling tool, SwiftComp Micromechanics, to the growing offering of partner applications available to HyperWorks users under Altair’s license manager.
Feb 11, 2013
The Advanced Weather Systems laboratory at Utah State University announced today that it has initiated work to build the first Sounding and Tracking Observatory for Regional Meteorology sensor for delivery to its commercial partner GeoMetWatch.
Feb 8, 2013
USU announced today that it has created a new organization to advance the research, development and deployment of critical weather sensor technologies.
Jun 11, 2012
Utah State University’s newly-established Center for Human Nutrition Studies was awarded its first grant. The center, a contract research organization at the university, has already begun work to design and conduct clinical studies as part of a value generating system within USU.
Jun 8, 2012
At Utah State University, USTAR teams have reached new milestones by working together on genomic research projects resulting in two sets of transgenic twin goats. Double the research — double the fun.
Jun 5, 2012
SBIR-STTR Seminar “Secrets of a Winning Proposal” In Logan, June 21
May 7, 2012
In a series of regional half-day workshops, Mary Cardon, manager of USTAR’s SBIR-STTR Assistance Center (SSAC), will present the dos and don’ts for SBIR-STTR grant proposals. The sessions are held in cooperation with local Small Business Development Centers (SBDC).
Apr 26, 2012
The office of Commercialization and Regional Development at Utah State University will visit the Regional Campus of Vernal and Roosevelt on May 2 and 3, 2012 (respectively) to engage faculty, students, staff and entrepreneurs on commercialization opportunities at USU.